Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!



This fourth of July was spent in its corresponding country, the good ol' USA, which I recently realized was the first fourth of July I have spent in the US in four years, which was a streak that began with my first venture outside it's borders sophomore year, my trip to Spain. I spent the 4th in a TGIFriday's in Madrid celebrating with my study abroad friends. The following year I was flying home from the Dominican Republic on the 4th and saw all the fireworks from the plane. The next year I was in Paraguay still in training and making pizza in a traditional tatacua oven. So this is my first real traditional 4th in the US since my freshman year in college, and it was a nice to be at 'home' for once. But by home, I mean Virginia, because I spent the 4th down at Smith Mountain Lake, which is where I'll be spending a lot of time from here on out since my parents will be moving there next year. It is a beautiful place to watch the fireworks over the water, on my friend's family's boat. It was what you would want in a relaxing fun and food-filled weekend. I good balance of sun, swimming, sleeping, boating, eating, and drinking.

Here are some very patriotic pictures to celebrate the occasion.

My Elementary School friend Sara and I at Smith Mountain Lake


Us girls in red, white and blue for the occasion.
The girls and the girly-est of them all, chloe the pup

No comments: