Friday, June 4, 2010

I've got the travel bug.

Yes, I am technically abroad already, but things are just a little too habitual these days for me and I need a change. See a new place. I mean, I have had 2 trips cancelled recently, one that was to Brazil (because of that stupid little boy) and another to Salto, Argentina (because of my stupid foot), so I think it's time one of these trips actually works out for me.

The good thing is that things have been really coming together in site. The library is getting organized, I'm planning for Ahecha (photography workshop for 8th graders) to begin the end of this month, still teaching English in the women's center and the elementary school. On top of that, we are planning a week long training for 5 or 6 of the new volunteers that are arriving this week to come to Altos in July for what they call long-field.

Tentative travel plans:

June: visit Pooja on her banana island, other volunteers I can visit before they leave in August??
July: No time to travel :(
August: Where is a good place to go when it's freezing? ... not sure. Argentina maybe?
September: fit in some in-paraguay travel? Chaco? visit other volunteers?
October: Right before a big trip
November: the states and the dominican republic
December: Right after a big trip
January: dare I tempt fate and try Brazil once more?
February - April: no travel allowed the last three month of service

After service travel?

More Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia? Sounds good to me!

Back in time for Rachel's wedding! Congratulations to the newly engaged, Will and Rachel!!!!!

No comments: