Sunday, June 8, 2008

2nd attempt at photos before a busyyy week!

this is the street that I live on


this is a cow in front of a house on the main road i our town


This is the pig that lives at Erik´s house (and rebecca petting it) soon to be dinner


This is part of the Muni group when we stopped at my house during the home tour (Mark, Liam, Rebecca, Courtney, Joan, and Shola) Notice Courtneys VT sweatshirt, we graduated the same year!!

These are my scary dogs, not looking so scary at the moment... but don´t be fooled


This is Frederico, who can also be scary and part of our patio with well in back

This is my host sister and one of the cutest 1 year olds in the world, drinking the drink that Paraguayans swear by, Terrere



This is Shola and the neighbors and my host cousin, I guess, Carlito playing soccer in our backyard

This is the view of Asuncion from the plane, look at all those dirt roads, even in the capital!


This is also in our yard, basically every room opens up the the patio, it´s an open air set up house... there is the pit where we burn trash, que mala


These are the chickens and ducks that provide us meat and eggs


This is the kitchen, with many lards and a large freezer :) They make a lot of good meals here and on the outdoor stove. Everything from scratch, que bueno!

Thats all for now, I probably won´t be able to update this for a while. MISS YOU ALL :)

Julie


5 comments:

uberbaldy said...

Doesn't look as bad as I thought i would. Bad isn't really not the right word but I can't think of the correct one at the moment.

sara o said...

Hi Jules!!

Your pictures are amazing...I can hardly believe this is your life right know. It's so far from the world I know that it is almost impossible for me to imagine a place where this is life. I can't even imagine what an amazing experience this is for you. Chris and I went to dinner with Kendall Shaw and Ms. Clarke last night and Chris and I were telling them both what you were doing- it was an odd dinner to say the least but they were majorly impressed. I miss you mucho ...which is weird since I've never really had to miss you but once again, i gush, I am so so so proud of you and I will keep you updated on life.

Love you.
sarbear

Susie B said...

Hi Julie, I think I've figured out how to leave a comment for you ;=) ... I'm new to blogging ... but you CAN teach an "old" dog new tricks ... hope life is going great and you are learning lots and having a terrific time too. I loved the pictures ... I feel like I'm there with you. I'll be praying for you each day until you get safely back. Blessings on you. Aunt Susie

katherine.jm.baker said...

Julie!!
It's great to be able to read and follow your blogs and what you are up to and experiencing!! Glad to see that you are doing well and having a good time so far!! I hope that you received the package!!
xoxo Katie Baker

juliebe8 said...

Thanks everyone for the comments! I keep forgetting to check these, so I apologize... I´m not sure if thre is a way to get an e'mail notification when people write me a message, but I am going to try to work on that so these don´t go without response! It is hard for me to believe this is my life too, but it´s been a lot of fun! Thanks for all your support. To answer your question, Katie, I have gotten two packages from Catie Canavan, which I appreciated very much (if that is what you are referring too)! MUCH LOVE, thanks for keeping in touch !!